Friday, June 8, 2012

New innings of Sachin --

Master-Blaster  Sachin Tendulkar took oath as member of the Rajya Sabha making it clear that his focus would be cricket and hinting at concentrating on Parliament work after he stops playing the game.However, he hastened to add that he does not want rumours to swirl that he has stopped playing cricket for Parliament. 
"I believe in the last 22 years of international cricket I have played, cricket has given me so many things in life...
"I always have this dream of giving back to cricket... I strongly believe whatever I am today is because of cricket," he said.

I do not have words to say that it is bad or good for Indian Politics. But this happens in INDIA only,where a sportsman who says that he would be devoting most of his time to the cricket has been sworn in as MP of Rajya Sabha. It is similar to a person on the first day of his job tells the boss that he has a personal business to take care of and if he gets time out of it, he would try to work for the company. That implied many things like  not only he is getting the money for doing nothing also he is holding on to an important position and not delivering what it demands.

No comments:

Post a Comment